Monday 8 March 2010

Let the sunshine in


13 days in and still going strong. So far I haven't found it particularly hard sticking to a vegan diet. My toughest moment was saturday evening when I made an effort to cook a nice dinner for us as we had the flat to ourselves. I made sweet potato chips and coleslaw. I had a nut cutlet from the freezer while James had got a big juicy organic rib eye steak. Needless to say the nut cutlet was terrible. If was far too sweet (especially accompanied by sweet potato!) and not meaty at all. I really did get that feeling that "vegans just eat vegetables with some vegetables on the side". Obviously it didn't help that the steak looked delicious. Thankfully the apple crumble I had prepared for dessert lifted my spirits!

This morning the sun is shining and it is finally beginning to feel like spring. I celebrated the sunshine with a soya latte, banana and blueberry fruit salad and hummous on crispbread with cherry tomatoes








1 comment: